Gemelli al Pesto Ibleo
HYBLAEAN PESTO PASTA KIT
The Hyblaean Taste That You Can Get Only In This Region
THE HYBLAEAN MEDITERRANEAN TASTE
This pesto represents the Sicilian Hyblaean Region. In fact, the main ingredients are wild fennel and sundried tomatoes. Wild fennel grows abundant & spontaneous in the Sicilian countryside giving a slightly bitter and musty taste. Sundried tomatoes are a staple of the Sicilian cuisine, they are made in the Summer when Sicilian Tomatoes ripe. During summer Sicilian sun is very hot so it quickly dries our juicy tomatoes. Sicilian almonds are raw and not pasteurized, they give a pleasant contrasting flavor.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
HYBLAEAN PESTO PASTA KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Hyblean Pesto | Segreti di Sicilia 11oz. Tomato sauce, sun-dried tomato, Frantoi Cutrera extra virgin olive oil, Hyblaean wild fennel, Sicilian almonds, cane sugar, Hyblean oregano, chili.
Organic Ready Cherry Tomato Sauce | Segreti di Sicilia 11.6oz. The Ready Cherry Tomato Sauce is the result of a traditional and tasty recipe born from the union of a delicately fried onion, particularly sweet, with the best cherry tomatoes ripened in the warm sun of Sicily.
Artisanal whole wheat Semolina Pasta made with Sicilian Ancient Grains, 500 gr | 17.6 oz | Pastificio Minardo. Pasta made with Ancient Grains has naturally a low value of Gluten.
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
TOAST BREADCRUMB AND COOK PASTA
1. In a pan, add 1 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 10 oz of Breadcrumb. Cook over medium heat, tossing frequently until crunchy and golden brown (about 5 minutes). Be careful, in the last phase, the breadcrumb becomes golden brown very quickly.
2. Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 1 tbsp for a large pot.
3. Add pasta. During cooking stir every so often to prevent sticking.
DRAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
4. Pour the Hyblaean Sauce into a pan. We do not waste anything so add 4 tbs of cooking water into the empty jar, close it and shake. Pour the mixture into the pan and warm the Sauce over low heat. Stiroccasionally for 3 minutes.
5. Drain pasta “al dente” and save a cup of water (you can need it later).
6. Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid it sticks, then mix it with the sauce for 1 min. If the mixture is too dry, add pasta cooking water. If you made the “do not waste” step, you should be ok. Do not overcook pasta, serve it “Al Dente”.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR PLATE (Optional)
7. Pour pasta into a serving dish.
8. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumb.
9. Decore with fresh wild fennel or with dry wild fennel.
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!