Tagliatelle al Ragu' Vegetariano
THE VEG BOLOGNESE TAGLIETELLE KIT
The Vegetarian Version of Bolognese Sauce (But you won't notice it!)
A CURIOSITY ABOUT THE TRADITIONAL RECIPE
In 1982, the Accademia Italiana della Cucina (Italian Academy of Cuisine), an organization dedicated to preserving the culinary heritage of Italy, recorded and deposited a recipe for "classic Bolognese ragù" with the Bologna Chamber of Commerce. The academy's recipe confines the ingredients to beef cut from the plate section (cartella di manzo), fresh unsmoked pancetta (pancetta di maiale distesa), onions, carrot, celery, passata (or tomato purée), meat broth, dry white wine, milk, salt and pepper.
This is the Vegetarian Version of the Bolognese Sauce. It is made with the same ingredients except for the meat.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
THE VEG BOLOGNESE TAGLIETELLE KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
ANCIENT GRAINS PASTA
Sicilian Ancient Grains, will change your idea of Italian Pasta. These are grains that existed before the advent of industrialization of agriculture and grow with no need of chemicals. They have a weaker gluten composition which is good for digestion. The slowly stoneground ARTISANAL milling process does not remove the wheat germ (high in nutrients) + does not reach a high temperature, allowing the grain to retain its nutrients.
The result is a pasta that looks and taste like the homemade one and it's also healthier in many different aspects.
So, if you think that Gluten Hurts you, it is true for the other products but this is not the case. Ancient Grains present a BETTER GLUTEN QUALITY that has a weaker composition than the one in "modern" wheat. Basically, it is less compact and elastic and it can be eaten by people with intolerance (be aware please we are saying people with gluten intolerance NOT people with celiac disease).
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
FROM OUR KITCHEN
1 lb Sicilian Ancient Grains Tagliatelle
Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce
FROM YOUR KITCHEN
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
COOK PASTA AND WARM THE SAUCE
Bring a large pot (10 in diameter) of water to a boil. 1lt of water (36 oz) each 100g of pasta (3.5oz). Add Salt (7gr per liter).
Add pasta. During cooking stir every so often to prevent sticking.
In a sauté pan warm over low heat the Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce for 1-2 mins.
DRAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
5. Check after 8-9 mins for the "Al dente" consistency, “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Cook for 8-10 mins and Drain pasta “al dente”.
6. Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid sticking, then mix it with the
sauce for 1 min. Do not overcook pasta. Serve it still “Al Dente”.
7. Pour pasta into a serving plate. Our plates are handmade and handpainted in
Caltagirone, according with an old tradition. You can find them on our website.
HOW TO PRESENT AND SERVE YOUR PLATE
While you serve the dish, bring to the table a small jar with grated Parmigiano or Cacio Cavallo Cheese so your guest can sprinkle it on their pasta.
You can definitely use this Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce to make Vegetarian Lasagne!
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Directions!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
All Our Meal Kits