Gemelli al Pesto di Pistacchio e Mandorle
PISTACHIO & ALMOND PESTO PASTA
We Combined the Most Popular Sicilian Products & This is The Result
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PISTACHIO AND ALMOND PESTO
This peculiar Pesto is made with two of the best Sicilian products: Pizzuta di Avola Almond and Bronte Pistachio. Pizzuta refers to the physical almond shape, which is pointy and very flat. It is exceptionally fruity with just a hint of bitterness. Bronte Pistachio derives its intense gentle sweet flavor and grassy aroma from the mineral rich volcanic soil of Etna Volcano. Its production is limited. It is harvested manually every two years from the end of August for one month.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
AVOLA ALMONDS AND PISTACHIO PESTO PASTA KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
COOK PASTA AND WARM THE SAUCE
1. Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 1 tbsp for a large pot.
2. Add pasta. During cooking stir every so often to prevent sticking.
3. In a pan at medium heat toast almonds. Stir frequently, cook until they turn golden brown.
DRAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
4. In a pan, warm Pesto at low heat. If you want a more liquid texture, add some pasta cooking water. Stir occasionally for 3 min.
5. Drain pasta “al dente”.“Al dente”, means that pasta is still a little bit hard. Pour it immediately into the Sauce Pan to avoid sticking, then mix it with the sauce. If necessary, add further pasta water.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR PLATE
6. Chop toasted almonds & pistachios
7. Pour pasta into a plate
8. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and pistachios.
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Directions!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
All Our Meal Kits