La Pasta alla Norma
TOMATO SAUCE WITH EGGPLANT PASTA KIT
A Symphony Of Flavors
A CURIOSITY ABOUT THE TRADITIONAL RECIPE
In 1982, the Accademia Italiana della Cucina (Italian Academy of Cuisine), an organization dedicated to preserving the culinary heritage of Italy, recorded and deposited a recipe for "classic Bolognese ragù" with the Bologna Chamber of Commerce. The academy's recipe confines the ingredients to beef cut from the plate section (cartella di manzo), fresh unsmoked pancetta (pancetta di maiale distesa), onions, carrot, celery, passata (or tomato purée), meat broth, dry white wine, milk, salt and pepper.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
NORMA (EGGPLANT) SAUCE PASTA KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
COOK PASTA AND WARM THE SAUCE
Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 1 tbsp for a large pot.
Add pasta. During cooking stir every so often to prevent sticking.
In a sauté pan warm at low heat the Norma Sauce. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
DRAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
4. Drain pasta “al dente” and save a cup of water (you can use it if you want your sauce with a more silky texture).“Al dente” (literally at “tooth” means that pasta is still a little bit hard. (Pasta is al dente about 2 mins before packaging directions).
5. Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid it sticks, then mix it with the sauce. If necessary, add pasta water.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR PLATE
6. Pour pasta into a plate
7. Grate Ricotta Salata
8. Add basil
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!
Would you like to make it at home? Order the KIT BOX and Follow the Directions!
Our promise: Few High-Quality Local Ingredients and the Most Authentic Taste.
All Our Meal Kits