Tortiglioni al Sugo del Contadino
FARMER SAUCE PASTA KIT
The Traditional Vegetarian Sauce For Sicilian Ravioli
This peculiar Sauce was born as a humble version of the traditional “Sugo”, a pork sauce from the South of Sicily. Farmers could not afford pork meat, so they replicated the flavors and smell, in an affordable version, using the same seasoning. Mostly fennel seeds and sage leaves. The result is a vegetarian sauce that taste like a true pork sauce.
We suggest adding fresh marjoram because it reminds us the taste of ravioli. In Sicily, we use to eat ravioli with this Pork Sauce. Ravioli are stuffed with a mix of ricotta cheese, sugar and marjoram.
(FINALLY) You can cook an Italian Dish in LESS Than 15 min with the FINEST ITALIAN PRODUCTS
FARMER SAUCE PASTA KIT
We bring from Italy to your kitchen the best high-quality Gourmet Artisanal Ingredients.
Ingredients Notes |
Each serves up to 4 People
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
OUR TIPS TO GET AN EXCELLENT RESULT
1. Pasta “al Dente”. “Al Dente” is the Italian slang for “cooked so as to be still firm when bitten”. Pasta cooking time it’s variable (humidity, pasta shape) sobite a piece of pasta after 8-9 mins to check if it has "Al dente" consistency. You will get better with practicing.
2. Mix Pasta and sauce in the sautè pan. Drain pasta “al dente” and mix with the other ingredients in the sautè pan until well combined (this is called Risottare).
3. Top Quality Ingredients: don’t worry, we took care of it.
COOK PASTA AND WARM THE SAUCE
1. Add salt to boiling water, we suggest 1 tbsp for a large pot.
2. Add pasta. During cooking stir every so often to prevent sticking.
3. In a sauté pan warm over low heat the Farmer Sauce. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
DAIN AND MIX PASTA WITH THE SAUCE
4. Drain pasta “al dente” and save a cup of water (you can use it if you want your sauce with a more silky texture).
5. Pour immediately pasta into the Sauce Pan to avoid it sticks, then mix it with the sauce for 1 min. If necessary, add further pasta water. Do not overcook pasta. Serve it still “Al Dente”.
6. Pour pasta into a serving dish.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR PLATE
7. Grate Cacio Cavallo cheese (if you don’t find it, you can substitute with Parmigiano).
8. Add Fresh Marjoram to simulate Ravioli aftertaste or you can add Dry Marjoram.
ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES & Buon Appetito!